Cancelling your Landline Phone, Broadband and TV services
Under eir standard terms & conditions; you are required to give one months' notice to Terminate your eir service(s), unless you are Switching or Changing Service Provider.
Failure to provide one months' notice when ceasing may result in:
(1) your services not being ceased until one month has passed and you will continue to be billed as normal for your usual services, or
(2) your service being ceased while you may be liable for an additional one month’s service charge.
If you are within the minimum term for your contract you will be liable for an early cease charge. We will bill you for this charge after your services cease. The amount you will be charged will be calculated based on the number of days you have left on your minimum contract term.
When you cease your service(s) you must return any eir TV and broadband equipment to us within 30 days following your cease date. You will be charged a fee for any equipment not returned to us within this deadline and we’ll send you a bill for any unreturned equipment charges after your services are ceased. For full details on equipment returns please visit: https://www.eir.ie/equipmentreturns/
Please contact us to cease your service(s):
You can call us on 1800 924 409 and speak to a member of our Customer Care team
For verification purposes and to ensure the best possible customer experience, you will need the following pieces of information for the call or form.
- Your name and address as they appear on your eir bill
- Your UAN number (this can be found on your eir bill)
- Your landline telephone number including prefix/area code
- Which service(s) you wish to move to a new provider
You will receive confirmation of the cessation in writing.