About 4G Mobile Speeds
Everything you wanted to know about 4G mobile speeds
What is 4G?
4G (also known as LTE or long term evolution) is the 4th generation mobile network that is currently being rolled out across Ireland. 2G brought calls and texts, 3G introduced data and now 4G brings speed. It will mean much faster data speeds for smartphones and mobile devices - up to 10 times faster than 3G.
What's the difference between 3G and 4G?
The main difference is speed, if you are a user of data on your phone you will experience up to 10 times faster speeds than 3G which means:
- Websites that you are browsing will load much quicker
- Videos and music will stream faster - no more waiting for them to buffer
- You'll be able to upload photos quicker to social media sites such as Facebook or Twitter
- Apps that need data will work more efficiently
- Online gaming which needs high speed data will work far better
What do I need to get to get 4G?
To avail of 4G speeds, you will need a 4G handset, a 4G SIM, a 4G plan and 4G coverage in your area. To check availability in your area, view our 4G coverage map. Next you need to select one of our 'Unlimited mobile bundles' and choose your 4G handset from our great selection.