(Monday, 30th January 2017) - Age Action and open eir are encouraging people across the country to enter the open eir Silver Surfer Awards. The closing date is fast approaching - enter by Friday, 17th February 2017. This is a great opportunity to nominate yourself or someone you know who is making a difference by using technology in their daily lives. Now in its eighth year, the Awards recognise and reward the achievements of older people using technology and the Internet as well as the volunteers who teach these skills.
The five categories for the 2017 open eir Silver Surfer Awards are:
- New to IT Award - A person over the age of 50 who is new to technology and has overcome challenges to become an IT user.
- Hobbies on the Net Award - An older person who uses the Internet to pursue their passion or hobby, or who uses IT for communication and social networking.
- Golden IT Award - An individual over the age of 80 who uses technology to enhance their life.
- Silver Surfer Award - An older person who embraces the Internet or technology with a sense of fun and adventure.
- IT Tutor(s) of the Year Award - An individual or group who provides voluntary support to older learners.
The closing date for entry is Friday, 17th February 2017 and nomination forms can be accessed via www.ageaction.ie.The awards ceremony takes place in eir’s Head Office, 1HSQ, on Tuesday, 28th March 2017.