Our Mobile Network
eir WiFi Calling
WiFi Calling lets you make and receive calls and send texts through any WiFi connection.
What are the benefits of WiFi Calling?
- High quality mobile coverage using any WiFi connection.
- Makes and receive call & texts, in Ireland or abroad, at the same price as you pay at home
- Available to all eir Bill Pay customers on your current plan, with no extra cost.
- Available across a range of WiFi Calling enabled handsets from Apple, Samsung, Huawei and Sony.
Why choose eir?
- 98% 4G coverage and 99% population coverage across Ireland
- Power by eir, Ireland largest telecommunications company
- €150m investment in 4G upgrade network ensuring capacity meetings the growing data needs of customers
- Now with Ireland’s largest 5G network in cities and towns nationwide
Check network coverage
Our network offers more than 99% 4G coverage across Ireland.
Trusted by over 1 million Irish customers who use our voice and data network every date.
Use the map below to check the coverage in your area.
This map is a guide for 2G, 3G and 4G/5G coverage in a specific area and not a guarantee of availability at a specific address within that area.
Estimated maximum internet speeds:
5G download 50 Mb/s; 4G download 10 Mb/s; 3G download 1Mb/s. Our estimated upload internet speeds are 10% of the respective download speeds.
Mobile data speeds can be affected by external factors including but not limited to the device capability, number of users active in the area, topography - valleys, mountains, trees, buildings and other obstructions.
In the case of indoor use, building insulation can negatively impact service and speed.
For terms and conditions click here