eir launches new TV service with Apple TV 4K from €14.99 per month
17 October 2019: eir today announced eir TV, a new TV service designed around how consumers watch TV today. While live TV continues to make up the majority of viewing, the growth in on-demand streaming services is accelerating faster than ever.
Susan Brady, Managing Director Marketing at eir said, "Until now, traditional set top boxes have dictated people’s entertainment, locking consumers in to their content and making accessing other entertainment and content difficult. eir TV, together with Apple TV 4k, turns that on its head and gives consumers the best of live TV entertainment with 100+ channels, including home-grown content from RTÉ and our premium eir Sport pack, as well as easy access to thousands of apps including Apple TV+, Apple Music, RTÉ Player, Now TV, Netflix, YouTube and Amazon Prime Video. It’s everything customers need to enjoy a world of entertainment all in one place.
eir's new offering, together with Apple TV 4K, will transform any TV into a smart TV with a range of features traditionally viewed as added extras, such as HD included as standard, bringing the viewer right into the middle of the action. The service also comes with a multi-room feature to transform the whole household, with 4K HDR, Dolby Atmos and HD also as standard.
Increasingly viewers want to watch TV wherever and whenever they want and the new eir TV comes with 7 Day catch up, pause/ rewind and start over on selected shows and cloud recording on up to 500 programmes, putting consumers in charge of their viewing.
In addition, eir’s mobile app is being replaced with a new and improved eir TV app for both broadband and TV customers. The new app is user-friendly and reliable and can be used on multiple devices including web browsers, Android and iOS devices and via Airplay and Chromecast on the big screen. This makes it even easier to bring our customers the very best in European soccer, rugby and GAA action with live access to every game in the Champions League and Europa League on the Virgin Media Sport channels, all 48 games of the Rugby World Cup, every Guinness PRO14 match and football and hurling action from the GAA Allianz Leagues on the eir Sport channels.
eir TV powered by Apple TV 4K will be available for new and existing eir customers to enjoy from 17th October with monthly subscriptions starting from €14.99 for eir TV or €49.99 when combined with eir Fibre broadband and home phone. Also launching today is the new eir Fibre box delivering speeds of up to 1 Gigabit with MU MIMO and 7 Antennas (3x3 on 2.4GHZ and 4x4 on 5Ghz) to deliver eir’s best ever WiFi experience with extended reach and faster speeds on more devices than ever before.
For further information please contact: PressOffice@eir.ie
- Add eir TV €14.99 for 6 months and €19.99 thereafter (Note: a 12-month re-contract will be required)
- New customers adding eir broadband and TV - €49.99 for 6 months and €79.99 thereafter on a 12-month contract.
- eir TV and eir Fibre broadband is subject to availability and mandatory direct debit. Minimum of 12MBPS broadband speed required. User experience may vary. Bundle activation fee will apply.
- All customers taking the new eir TV service will be loaned an Apple TV 4K box at no additional monthly cost. Apple TV 4K remains the property of eir. eir TV is a self-installation service, technical installation is available at an extra cost.
- Apple TV 4K comes with 1 year subscription to the much anticipated Apple TV+ content service at no additional cost. Apple TV+ content is launching November 1st.
- Customers can add another Apple TV 4K box as a multi room subscription from only €9.99 per month.
- Offer ends 26th December. For full details & terms see eir.ie