What to do
Should you have this credit showing on your final eir bill you can complete our online refund request form to avail of your credit. Please note this must have been paid to eir as any credit showing where no payments have been paid cannot be refunded.
If you feel there is an issue with the charge on your bill and that a credit needs to be applied to your account, you will need to contact the eir customer support team. Please note that no amendments to billing can be made using the online refunds form.
How can I request a refund?
The quickest and easiest way to request a refund is by using our online form. However should you wish to contact us you can call us by dialling 1901.
What do I need to request a refund?
- You will need to know the credit amount on your bill. Please note that only payments made to your eir account can be refunded.
- You will need to include an email on your online request form to allow us to contact you to advise on the refunds status.
- You will need to select the type of refund that is being requested;
- Final Bill Credit- Credit appearing on the final bill of a closed account.
- Overpayment- Where an amount has been overpaid in error. For example you were to make a payment of €70.00 however you made a payment of €700.00. Please note only the balance minus any charges owing will be refunded.
- Double payment- Where there has been a double payment made in error.
- Deposit Refund- Where customers who have paid a mobile deposit wish to request this back after the 7th bill.
When will you contact me about my refund?
If you use the online form we will contact you within 5 working days from submission to advise on the refund request.
How will I receive my refund?
There are two ways that you can receive your refund. You can receive this by;
- Electronic Bank Transfer - This method returns an amount to the customer where the customer has direct debit information on their account.
- Cheque - This method will return an amount by issuing a cheque to the customer.
How long will my refund take?
Once eir has responded to the request the timeframe for issuing this refund is as follows;
- For Electronic Bank Transfer this can be up to 10 working days
- For Cheques this can be up to 14 working days