What to expect
My broadband usage allowance
Your usage allowance depends on your bundle. You can find details on your bundle in my eir. Should you exceed your usage limit, or your usage exceeds the fair usage policy, you may be charged. Charges are outlined below.
- Excess usage is charged at €2.03 per GB up to a maximum of €24.40 inc VAT per month.
- eir Fibre packages with an unlimited usage allowance are subject to a fair usage policy of 1TB per month.
- Usage in excess of 1TB will be charged at €50 inc VAT for every 10GB up to a maximum of €100 inc VAT per month.
Further information can be found in our terms and conditions.
Call charges apply outside of any free call allowance within your bundle.
Call charges depend on the length of the call and may depend on when you make the call.
You can view a breakdown of the charges on our Pricing Page or review an itemised breakdown from your bill each in month in my eir.
Also note that local and national calls included in your bundle, are subject to the ’59 min rule.’ This means that calls are charged after 60 min so we recommend that you hang up after 59 minutes and dial again to avoid being charged.
eir Mobile allowance
For eir Mobile we have usage alerts set up.
An SMS will be sent to you when you reach 80% usage. If you have mobile broadband the message will go to your mobile dashboard as normal.
Changing your bundle/plan
If you feel like you current bundle doesn’t suit your needs there are a number of things you can do.
- You can view your current usage in my eir. If you are interested in changing your plan or adding a new service visit our bundles page or chat to an agent.
- You can try our Bundle Recommender.
If you're not sure what your next steps are, have a chat with our eir Care team.