Learn how to monitor your broadband usage
How do I check my broadband usage?
You can view a breakdown of your broadband usage in my eir including total uploads, total downloads, usage for the month and historical records.
Is there a limit to my broadband usage, and how much will I be charged if I exceed the limit?
- eir Broadband Advanced, eir Broadband Solo Advanced and eir Fibre are subject to a monthly usage cap of 30GB; eir Broadband Solo Essential is subject to a monthly usage cap of 2GB.
- For customers availing of these packages, usage in excess of the caps is charged at €2.03 per GB up to a maximum of €24.40 per month (values inclusive of VAT).
- eir Fibre (Unlimited) and eir Fibre Extreme packages are subject to a fair usage policy of 1TB (1,000GB) per month.
Usage in excess if this is subject to a charge of €2.50 for every 10 GB up to a maximum of €100 per month (values inclusive of VAT).
This charging is not applicable to new or updated eir Fibre packages ordered after July 25th 2018. Existing eir Fibre customers may request to update their package, subject to current terms and conditions, by contacting our web chat team
Further information can be found in our terms and conditions.
Will watching eir sport online or through the app effect my usage?
- Watching the eir sport app or online using your eir home Wi-Fi connection will count towards such limits and excess usage charges may apply if such limits are exceeded*.
- Watching the eir sport app using your eir mobile will not count towards your mobile data limit. Usage of the app on all other mobile networks will count towards your mobile data limit.
*If you have eir fixed line residential broadband we recommend to check your broadband usage stats via my eir
Does watching eir Vision impact my broadband usage?
No, eir vision does not count towards your monthly broadband usage allowance.
Changing your bundle/plan
If you feel like you current bundle doesn’t suit your needs there are a number of things you can do.