Set up eir Smart WiFi Hub
Connecting for the First Time
Setting up the first extender via Wi-Fi
- Power the extender UP by pressing the on/off button.
- The Power LED becomes solid green. After a few seconds, Link LED is blinking red.
- Press the WPS button on the side of the extender for more than 3 seconds.
- Press the WPS button on the modem (usually on the back or side).
- Power LED is green. Link LED is blinking. WiFi LED is blinking green the extender is creating the connection with your modem.
- Power LED is green. Link LED is not flashing anymore. WiFi LED is green the extender is connected to the gateway. The backhaul is established. The Smart WiFi Hub is ready to use.
Finding the perfect spot
If the Link LED of the extender is yellow or red, that means that the quality of the link between the extender and the gateway is not optimal. You may want to move the extender around in the room, until the Link LED turns green, which indicates a good signal quality.
How to Connect a device to the eir Smart WiFi hub
There are two methods to connect a device to the eir Smart WiFi hub
Connect the client through Network ID;
On the device you wish to connect (e.g, phone), select your network as usual
Password : The password for the network access is your usual password. If you have trouble finding it, try to look at the back of your gateway (modem), on the product label
Connect the client through WPS session
On your device/phone, in the WiFi menu, click on your usual network.
Click on the WPS button on your gateway. In this case the eir Smart WiFi hub
Set-up; Companion mode
Mesh Compatible - Companion
(eir F3000 modem or newer)
Connect the white Ethernet cable (Fig. 4) into one of the Ethernet ports on the Smart WiFi extender and on your device.
If you are using an eir F3000 modem or newer, your device should connect to the Smart WiFi automatically. If not, select the Wireless Network name (SSID) which is located on the back of your
modem and enter the password.
Set-up; Standalone mode
Non-mesh Compatible - Standalone
(non eir modem or not as above)
If the Smart WiFi has been used in companion mode as above, a factory reset is required.
To factory reset the device press the factory reset button (for 3 sec’s) located at the rear of each device (Fig 6b). Please note it is recommended you disable the WiFi on your modem in standalone mode.
Connect the white Ethernet cable (Fig.5) into one of the Ethernet ports on the Smart WiFi extender and on your device.
If your modem is not mesh compatible (Fig.5) select the SSID located on the back of the primary Smart WiFi and enter the password. The primary Smart WiFi is the one
connected to your modem. For advanced setting please visit: eir.ie/smartWiFi