eir Fibre explained
What speeds are available on eir Fibre?
- eir Fibre provides speeds of up to 100Mb depending on your area
- This means that not only will you be able to browse and download files quicker, but all other Internet users in the household will experience faster Internet response times
- See our Broadband Speeds section for more details
Can I keep my existing phone number if I move to eir fibre?
Yes, you can keep your existing number when moving to eir fibre.
Why is eir Fibre more reliable?
- There will be new fibre cabling between your local cabinet and the exchange which will connect you to the new eir Fibre network.
- A new Network Terminal Unit (NTU) will be installed to ensure you get the best possible Broadband speed.
I’m an existing customer, do I need to sign a new contract for eir Fibre?
Yes, you will sign a new contract when signing up to eir Fibre. We swap you into your new eir Fibre contract without any additional fees.
How to find out if eir fibre is available in your area
To see if eir Fibre is available to you click here and enter your number in the box provided.
Our eir Fibre coverage map can also give you an estimation on when eir Fibre may be available.
If broadband is not available, you can chat to a member of our online sales team to discuss alternative options. Click here to arrange a call back.
Do you live in a fibre enabled area but still can’t get high speed broadband?
If your home or business is located in an area on our map that is high speed broadband enabled, there could be a number of factors stopping you from gaining access.
Your home/business may be connected to a cabinet that has not yet been upgraded. Cabinets are continuously being upgraded, so in the meantime please bear with us during this process.
Your home/business may be located too far from a cabinet to support high speed broadband. Unfortunately it is not economically viable to install the necessary equipment in all areas; however there are a number of initiatives underway to improve broadband services across the entire country. Find out about the National Broadband Plan here.
Why has my areas fibre availability time been pushed back?
The changes on the map can be a for a number of reasons - delays, high volume of work required by engineers, responses to storm damage, infrastructural works and planning permission among other factors. The map serves to provide an indicative timeframe of when Fibre will be made available and it is subject to change.
eir fibre is Ireland's fastest broadband with lightning fast broadband speeds of up to 1000Mb! With free eir sport, a 14 day cooling off period as standard, it's no wonder that we are trusted to deliver great service to over 1.3 million customers!
Can I keep my existing phone number if I move to eir Fibre?
Yes, you can keep your existing number when moving to eir Fibre.
I’ve changed my mind, how do I cancel my eir Fibre order?
- Please contact Customer Care on 1901 and they will assist you if you are still in your cooling off period.
- Please note, if you are outside the cooling off period, terms and conditions will apply and you may incur a fee.