Setting up Chromecast on the eir Sport App
To enable Chromecast on the eir Sport App, you need the following:
- The most up to date version of the eir Sport App (green) downloaded on your device (phone / tablet).
- A valid my eir login
- A Chromecast device and a TV with a USB/HDMI port.
- Google Home App installed on your device (phone / tablet).
See here steps on how to setup your Chromecast.
Eir Sport App – Chromecast Information
All Residential eir Broadband customers can avail of the Chromecast compatible (Green) eir Sport App.
Once you have downloaded the (Green) eir Sport App and set up your Chromecast, open the App and follow the on-screen prompts to cast.
Chromecast is not available on the eir Sport Just Mobile (Red) App – Sign up to eir Broadband today to send sport from the small screen to the big screen!
The following channels support casting on the eir Sport App:
- eir Sport 1
- eir Sport 2
- BT Sport 1
- BT Sport 2
- BT Sport 3
- BT Sport ESPN
Note – Only channels available on the eir Sport Pack are castable for eir Broadband customers.
To ensure you have the latest version of the eir Sport App installed, visit the App Store or the Google Play Store and make sure you have accepted the latest app update.
eir Sport with Chromecast is supported on iOS devices running iOS 9 and above and Android v4.4 and above.
If you have setup the Chromecast device but the app is not giving you an option to cast:
- Ensure you have updated to the latest version of the (Green) eir Sport App.
- Ensure your Chromecast device and your phone/tablet are connected to the same Broadband connection and frequency. E.g – eir 1234567 – 2.4G or eir1234567 – 5G.
For further troubleshooting, visit Chromecast support.
Chromecast – Data and WiFi Usage
Good News! As an eir Mobile/Meteor customer, usage of the eir Sport App or casting will not use any of your mobile data allowance. Another great reason to choose eir!
When connected to broadband, our best quality casting service uses 2GBs of your download allowance per hour.