Troubleshooting App Failing to Launch
- Turn your device off and on again
- Make sure your app is up to date
- Check the software on your device is the latest version
- Uninstall the app, then reinstall it
- See if another device works
eir TV App iOS Troubleshooting
iOS Troubleshooting Steps
- Force quit the app. Close the app by swiping up (or double-click the Home button on some devices)
and open the app again. Click here for more info.
- Restart your device. Then open the eir TV app again and see if the issue has been fixed.
- Check for updates. Make sure your device has the latest version of iOS (iOS 8.1 and up required)
and the eir TV app.
- Remove and reinstall the eir TV app from the App Store.
I can’t see a particular programme or I am getting an error
- Some programmes may not be available to watch on the eir sport app due to content restrictions.
- Those programmes are greyed out in the programme guide.
- Some programmes are only available to watch on your home internet connection. Check here for
full channel listing.
- If you receive an error when attempting to watch a channel, try another channel or failing that log out
of the app and re-login then attempt to watch the channel again.
I'm experiencing drops in video quality
Drops in the quality of your video may happen if the internet connection on your device is not fast enough. The minimum recommended speed is:
SD: 3 Mbit/s
HD: 5 Mbit/s
Full HD: 8 Mbit/s
When on a mobile connection, it's recommended you be connected to a minimum of 3G or 4G to stream in a watchable quality.You can change the streaming quality between Low and High in the app's settings menu.