Set up your Apple TV
What's arrives to your door?
- Apple TV 4K
- Apple TV Remote
- Power Cable
- Lightning to USB Cable (for charging the Apple TV remote)
- HDMI cable
Connecting the Apple TV
There are only two cables you will need to connect to get up and running, the power cable and a HDMI cable.
- Connect the HDMI cable into the rear of the Apple TV and connect the other end to a free HDMI port on your TV set
- Connect the power cable to the rear of the Apple TV box and plug it into a working power outlet
- Once the Apple TV box has power you should see a blinking white light on the front
- Make sure your TV set is powered on and on the correct input source
Once everything is ready to go, you should see the setup screen on your TV.
Need some help with your setup? Get in touch with us
Add paragraph title
Get to know the Apple TV Remote
- To move around the screen, you can swipe up, down, left, or right
- To select an item, highlight it then press to click the Touch surface
- To scroll through lists, quickly swipe up or down multiple times
- If an index is next to the list, swipe right. Highlight a letter to go to that place in the list
Menu: Press one time to return to the previous screen. Press and hold to go to the Home screen
Apple TV App/Home: To see your recently used apps, double press Apple TV App/Home. Press Apple TV App/Home to open the app, and again to go to the Home screen
Once the Apple TV is powered on, some steps have to be completed for your initial setup.
- Follow the onscreen instructions using the Apple TV Remote
- Choose to set up the device Manually
- You don't need to enter an Apple ID during the initial setup. However, you might need one for installing any additional apps from the App Store
- On the eir TV setup screen choose Sign In
- The Apple TV should automatically detect your eir account number, once this is correct, select continue. Alternatively, you can sign in with your my eir username and password
- Follow the remaining setup steps. Once you get to the Apple TV Home Screen, the eir TV app will already be installed and ready to go
Accessing the eir TV app
Once you have set up your Apple TV, the eir TV app should be automatically installed
- The eir TV app icon should now appear on the Apple TV Home screen
- Using the trackpad on the Apple TV remote, highlight the eir TV and click the trackpad to open
- The eir TV app should sign in automatically without any need for a username or password
- You can move the eir TV app to the Top Shelf on the Apple TV Home screen:
a. Highlight the app
b. Click and hold the touchpad on the Apple TV remote until the App jiggles on screen
c. Drag the app to wherever you want to place it on the screen
d. Click on the touchpad one more time to confirm it's position"
Note: To quickly get to the Apple TV Home screen, press and hold the Menu button on the Apple TV Remote
What is Apple TV+, how long do I have to activate my free one-year subscription?
You have three months after first setting up your device to take advantage of your free year of Apple TV+