Content & Quality Issues
Streams Buffering or Pixelating
- First make sure there is no outage in your area and that your broadband connection is stable
- Turn your device off and on again. Do the same with your Apple TV
- Try to play a video on YouTube or any other online video platform
- If that video plays as it should, try uninstalling the eir TV app and reinstalling it
- Click here for instructions on how to get the best speeds possible
If the video is still buffering or pixelated, get in touch with us for more advanced troubleshooting
I'm Seeing Drops in Video Quality
Drops in the quality of your video may happen if the internet connection on your device is not fast enough. The minimum recommended speed is:
- SD: 3 Mbit/s
- HD: 5 Mbit/s
- Full HD: 8 Mbit/s
If you think some channels are missing from the programme guide, first make sure the channel is
included as part of your package. If it is included, and you can't find it, check your settings:
- Press the Menu button, highlight Settings and click on the touchpad
- Highlight the Channel List and click on the touchpad
- Set the Channel List to All Channels. Every channel available to you should now be visible
I Can't See a Particular Programme / I'm Getting an Error
Here are the possible reasons for this:
- Some programmes may not be available to watch on the eir sport app due to content restrictions.
- Those programmes are greyed out in the programme guide.
- Some programmes are only available to watch on your home internet connection.
- If you receive an error when attempting to watch a channel, try another channel or failing that log out of the app and re-login then attempt to watch the channel again.