Set up instructions and using your remote
Get to know the Apple TV Siri Remote
- To move around the screen, you can swipe up, down, left, or right
- To select an item, highlight it then press to click the Touch surface
- To scroll through lists, quickly swipe up or down multiple times
- If an index is next to the list, swipe right. Highlight a letter to go to that place in the list
Menu: Press one time to return to the previous screen. Press and hold to go to the Home screen
Apple TV App/Home: To see your recently used apps, double press Apple TV App/Home. Press Apple TV App/Home to open the app, and again to go to the Home screen More Information
eir Traditional Remote - Setup Instructions
- First, remove the plastic protection around the batteries on the remote
- If you have a Samsung TV, the remote should already work. If not, follow the instructions below
- Hold down both the menu and OK buttons together, until the red LED above the menu button turns on
- Now point the remote at your TV and press the P^ button, until the volume menu appears on your TV screen - Check the VOL+ and VOL- buttons work to control the volume on your TV.
- If they do, press the OK button and setup is complete. If they do not work, go back to step 3 above.
eir Traditional Remote - Remote detailed functions
- Standby - Power On With this button, you can turn your TV on or off. You must have previously synchronized your TV with the remote control as explained in the instructions (unless you have a Samsung TV). A long press on this button (more than two seconds) allows you to switch off the Apple TV only (unless the CEC is activated; in this case, your television will be turned off as well).
- Menu - This button is used to activate hidden options of a page. It also allows you to return to the previous screen. Additionally, you can use this button to turn on your Apple TV when it is off. A long press on the Menu button allows you to return to the Apple TV home screen.
- Navigation arrows - With the navigation arrows, you can navigate through the screens and select the icons of the services you want to use. The top arrow activates the channel carrousel: They are sorted by category, and you will also find your favorite selection. The down arrow activates the player's option menu when you watch TV so you can access advanced features (Info & Controls and Audio)
- The OK button - The OK button confirms the entry in the menu corresponding to the icon on which the cursor is pointing.
- P ^/˅ - These buttons allow you to switch to the upper or lower program when the user is watching a live TV program. If the program is not live, you will have to confirm that you want to return to live TV before switching.
- VOL +/- These buttons allow you to increase or decrease the sound volume of your TV. You must have previously synchronized your TV with the remote control as explained in the instructions (unless you have a Samsung TV).
- Mute - This button mutes the sound of your TV. By pressing it again, you can reactivate the sound. You must have previously synchronized your TV with the remote control as explained in the instructions (unless you have a Samsung TV).
- Fast forward- This button allows you to fast-forward a program (not on live TV). A second press will accelerate the forwarding. A third press will return to normal Play mode. You can also return to normal Play mode by pressing the Play button.
- Fast rewind - This button allows you to rewind a program. A second press will accelerate the rewinding. A third press will return to normal playback mode. You can also return to normal Play mode by pressing the "Play" button.
- Skip forward - Allows you to skip part of the program by jumping forward.
- Skip back - Allows you to skip part of the program by jumping backwards.
- Pause/Play - Allows you to interrupt a program. Pressing again will resume the program where you paused it.
- Stop - Allows you to stop a running program.
eir Remote for Apple TV
The eir Remote for Apple TV will ship as default with all new TV orders. It can also be purchased for any existing eir TV customers in any of our retail stores and online from May 31st 2021.
You can pair your remote with only one Apple TV at a time. When you pair a remote, any previously paired remote is automatically unpaired. This remote works only with Apple TV HD and Apple TV 4K.
- IMPORTANT Update your Apple TV to tvOS 14.3 or later.
- Remove the battery pull tab.
- Move the remote within 3 to 4 inches (8 to 10 cm) of your Apple TV.
- Press any button.
- If Apple TV does not respond, press and hold and for 5 seconds to place the remote into pairing mode. When you've paired your remote, a message appears on Apple TV.
To use the navigation buttons:
- Press left, right, up, or down to navigate Apple TV menus.
- Press the center button to select a menu item, or press and hold to access a contextual menu.
During playback, do any of the following:
- Press left to skip backward, or press right to skip forward.
- Press left and hold to rewind, or press right and hold to fast forward.
- Press Select or to resume playback.
To use the remote buttons:
- Press to turn on Apple TV. Press and hold to sleep Apple TV.
- Press and hold to activate Siri. Hold down the Siri button until you finish speaking.
- Press or to change channels while watching your TV provider's channels, or to move a page up or down in the programming guide.
- Press to access your TV Provider's program guide.
- Press or to adjust the volume of your TV or home theater system.
- Press to mute audio. Press again to unmute.
- Press to return to the previous menu. Press and hold to return to the Home screen.
- Press to go to the TV/Home screen. Press twice quickly to view open apps, or press and hold to access Control Center.
- Press to play or pause a TV show, movie, song, or slideshow.
- Press or to rewind or fast forward 2x/4x/8x, or press and hold to seek during content playback. Learn More