eir TV Web Troubleshooting
Web Troubleshooting Steps
1.Browser update: Make sure that your browser is up-to-date.
- Disable ad blocker. Click on the browser below for more information.
- Firefox (https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/disable-or-remove-add-ons)
- Chrome (https://support.google.com/chrome_webstore/answer/6029416?hl=en&rd=1)
- Safari (https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT203353)
- If you have Kaspersky installed, please check the following:
3. Manage DRM content and plugins:
- In Chrome type chrome://components/ into the address bar and press enter. Check if the component Widevine Content Decryption Module is listed. If not, please download the latest version of Chrome: https://www.google.com/chrome/
- In Firefox, type about:preferences into the address bar and press enter > Activate DRM copy protection by checking the box Play DRM-controlled content. Type about:addons into the search bar and press enter: Go to Plugins: Widevine Content Decryption Module > Always activate
- Clear Cookies and Cache: Especially when using an older device, it is possible that the RAM is full. Close the browser and restart it.
- Restart your device.
- Try another browser
If you are still having difficulty, get in touch with us here.
I can’t see a particular programme or am getting an error
Here are the possible reasons for this:
- Some programmes may not be available to watch on the eir sport app due to content restrictions. Those programmes are greyed out in the programme guide.
- Some programmes are only available to watch on your home internet connection.
- If you receive an error when attempting to watch a channel, try another channel or failing that log out of the app and re-login then attempt to watch the channel again.
I'm experiencing drops in video quality
Drops in the quality of your video may happen if the internet connection on your device is not fast enough. The minimum recommended speed is:
- SD: 3 Mbit/s
- HD: 5 Mbit/s
- Full HD: 8 Mbit/s