Check the basics
eir Vision - No Service
- Check the power supply cable where it's connected to the eir Vision box. Unplug, then plug
it back in to make sure it's secure
- Check the power supply cable where it's connected to the power outlet. Unplug and plug
- If the power supply plug is in an external socket, plug it into one of the main sockets
- Plug another device into the plug socket to see if it powers on
Hardware Issue - HDMI Cable
- Check the HDMI cable where it's connected to the eir Vision box. Unplug, then plug it
- Check the HDMI cable where it's connected to your TV set. Unplug, then plug it back in
- Unplug the power supply to the TV. Plug it back in
- Try a different HDMI cable
- Try a different HDMI port on your TV set
- Check your ethernet connection at the back of your TV set to make sure it's secure
- Check the ethernet connection where it's connected to the modem. Unplug, then plug it
- If you have picture, but not sound, put the eir Vision box into Sleep Mode. Do this by
holding down the power button on the eir Vision remote. A message on the TV screen will
advise you the TV is entering deep sleep. Let go of the button when this message shows
- If there is still no sound or picture, try a second ethernet cable
I have no TV signal
- Check the TV Source/Input and ensure it aligns with the HDMI port on your eir vision set top box
- Check your cables are connected as per the diagram below and nothing has come unplugged.
- Make sure your eir vision set top box is powered on as shown by a Green Indicator or lit LED button
- Make sure your modem is powered on and the status lights are flashing
- PressPower on your remote and check if the LED on the front of your eir vision box is blinking. If the LED is not blinking, you may need to replace the batteries in your remote.
- If using Home plugs, check to see the lights are powered on
- Reboot your TV box
- Press power on the remote for few seconds Y
- You’ll see ‘Entering deep sleep mode’ on the screen.
- Turn on the box as usual
- Try another eir vision box (If available)
If the issue still exists then chat online to one of our eir vision experts in our technical support team or call us on 1890 260 260 (open 24/7).
Note: eir Vision is unaffected by adverse weather conditions.
Hard Disk Full
You will need to delete some old recordings.
- Go to the Planner
- Go to Recordings or Series Recordings
- Select the program/series you want to remove p
- Press delete on your remote.
Pixelation occurs when digital video picture becomes distorted. The main reason for this is usually a poor
Homeplug connection. Try the following:
- Check if there are any reported outages or broadband issues
- Check your broadband speeds
- Check all cabling and connections to and from your Homeplugs and modem