What you need to know when accessing and managing your account
Accessing your account
- To protect your personal data and account we will ask you a number of questions to ensure you are the account holder.
- This is required when you contact eir over the phone, in store or via our webchat.
Here a few things we may ask you for
- Account Name
- Account Number
- Confirmation you're the account holder
- And in some cases
- Date of Birth
- Landline or Mobile number
- Security question you have set up on your account
Adding another user to your eir account
- You can add an Authorised User to your account to help manage aspects of your account.
- You still remain the account holder, this will not change.
- To do this contact eir with the Authorised User (who must be over 18 years old) and once you have been validated, provide:
- Authorised Users full name
- Date of birth
- A password they can use when they contact eir.
What can they request?
- A review of a bill and/or charges.
- A refund on behalf of you, the account holder. This will be in your name.
- Guidance for any issues regarding your account or it’s products.
- Network Unlocking Code (NUC).
- Discuss package, products, usage and promotions on your account.
- Change a Mobile PIN.
- Port In a Mobile Number.
What they cannot do…
- They cannot make any changes to your account which will change your services, charges or contact details such as address or phone number.
If you wish to enable another person to do more on your account you will need to set them up as a legal representative. For more on this please contact eir.
Contact us on 1901 Mon-Fri (8am - 6pm) or visit www.eir.ie to speak to our Webchat team Mon-Fri 7am to 10pm and Sat & Sun 9am to 6pm.
Click here to download our handy guide with all the above information. Even better, print off a copy and fill in your account number (you'll find this on your bill) and telephone number so you have all you need to hand when you contact eir.