What to expect
What do I need to place an order?
You will need:
- UAN number: Your UAN or Universal Account Number is a unique identifier recognised by all service providers in Ireland. This number allows you to transfer your service from one provider to another.
- Direct Debit Details: You need your bank account (BIC and IBAN) or credit card details.
- Proof of Identity: Irish driving license, Irish Passport, Foreign Passport or EU National Identity Card. (Mobile orders only. Customers may require proof of identity during the credit vetting process)
To ensure your order is processed as quickly as possible, please have all the information above and make sure your account with your current provider is up to date.
Do I need to get my line connected before placing an order?
Your line does not need to be active to order an eir service.
When we receive your order we can arrange for your line to be connected - please allow up to 10 working days for your line to be connected but we will endeavour to connect it as soon as possible, subject to appointment availability.
Need to change or cancel your order?
Chat with a member of our eir care chat team or call 1901 and we will advise you of the next steps. You have 14 days to cancel your order.
Please have your order number to hand so we can locate your account information for you.
How will we deliver your equipment?
- Modems and mobile handsets will be delivered by Nightline which can be tracked using the reference sent to you by text message
- For eir Fibre and eir vision orders, the technician will have your equipment with them when they arrive for the installation appointment