What to expect
Can I keep my existing number?
You should be able to keep your number but you can check with us before you decide to move over.
You can chat with a member of our eir care chat team for more information.
Need to check a line in your house?
- Plug a home phone handset into the main phone socket in your home and dial 19800.
- An automated service will tell you which provider the line was last with.
If you don't have a phone to hand or experience any issues you can chat with the eir care team.
How can I check if the line is active in my new home?
- Plug a home phone handset into the main phone socket in your home.
- If you hear a dial tone, the line is active.
- For further details dial 19800 - an automated service tell you the telephone number of the line. landline.
Your line does not need to be active to order an eir service. When we receive your order we will arrange for your line to be connected.
I don’t know my phone number – how can I check what services are available at my home?
- You can check if broadband is available in your home by searching for broadband at your address on our coverage map
- If for any reason we are unable to find your address, we recommend plugging a phone into the primary socket in your home and dialling 199000
- An automated service will tell you the number associated with the phone line
Having issues? Talk to the eir care chat team