Technician appointments with eir
Notifications about your appointment
- Your appointment will be confirmed by email and text to the contact details which you provided when you placed your order
- You will receive a reminder call and text from our appointments team the day before your appointment
- On the day of the appointment the technician will call you before commencing the work. There may be work to complete at the local exchange or cabinet before they attend your home.
- If the technician attends your home and you are not available they will leave a calling card with details to on how to reschedule your appointment
Need to change or reschedule your appointment?
- Yes you can reschedule your appointment, subject to availability
- To reschedule an appointment the day before or on the day please call the number on the text message, otherwise please simply fill out our online form here or call 1800303733.
- If the technician has attempted to call to your home and left a calling card please call the number provided on this card to reschedule.
Please have your account number to hand when you contact us so we can locate your account details.
Need an update on the day of your appointment?
- On the day of the appointment the technician will call you before commencing the work. There may be an element of work to do in the local exchange or cabinet before they attend your home
- Please allow the full time for your appointment to pass before contacting us as the technician may call your home anytime between 9am-1.30pm if you picked a morning appointment or 12.30pm-4.30pm if you picked an afternoon appointment
- If the technician attends to your home and you are not available they will leave a calling card with details on how to reschedule your appointment
- If the technician does not call after your allotted appointment please contact our appointment team on the number that was provided on your pre appointment text message
Alternatively you can chat with a member of our eir care chat team or call 1901.
What time will the technician call to my home?
The technician may call anytime between:
- 9am - 1.30pm if you picked a morning appointment
- 12.30pm – 4.30pm if you picked an afternoon appointment
- 9am – 4.30pm if an all-day appointment is required
In the unlikely event an technician is delayed they will contact you to advise of this.
How will we deliver your equipment?
- For eir fibre and eir TV orders, the fibre modem will be brought to your home by the technician on the day of your install appointment. The eir TV box will be delivered by our courier company Nightline.
- For self install of your eir broadband and eir TV orders the equipment will be delivered by our courier partner Nightline. Please note that the appointment date provided in your welcome email will be the date that your services activate.
- All deliveries can be tracked using the Nightline details sent to you via text message.
Your installation checklist
If you’ve ordered new eir Gigabit Fibre to the Home Broadband, we’ll need to bring a new fibre-optic cable into your home - and we need your help to make that a success. Please click here, watch the video and get ready for Gigabit Fibre Broadband from eir