First checks if you have an issue with the service on your phone
There could be a number of reasons why you may not be able to get service on your phone.
- If you are a Pay As You Go customer, you may need to top up, check in my eir where you can also top
- If you are a Bill Pay customer, ensure your account is not overdue as you may be barred for non-payment. Please note you will receive notification of this in advance.
- Check if there are any outages in your area on eir website - latest updates section
- If you have a legacy 3G SIM, you may need to update your SIM card. Contact our chat team here and they will check this out for you
Help I have no voice service?
- Check the balance of minutes on your account
Help I can't send a SMS?
- Some handsets SMS memory can become full, which will stop you sending and receiving SMS's. You should clear the inbox, outbox and sent items and power off the handset
Help I have no Data Service?
- Make sure you complete the first steps above, to ensure its not a payment or coverage issue.
- Check the your data allowance on your account through my eir
- Ensure mobile data is turned on – click here for device help
- Ensure APN settings are correct (these are outlined on the website under each device, click here to find your phone)
- Check the location update (turn phone off and back on/ensure flight mode is turned off)
- If the issue is still unresolved place your SIM into a family/friends phone, this will help distinguish whether the issue is with the SIM or the handset;
- If the SIM works in the family/friends phone the issue is likely to be with your handset, in this case we suggest you go to your local eir store where a member of staff will send it away for repair.
- If the SIM does not work in the family/friends phone, then the issue could be with your SIM card. If this is the case you can get a new SIM at your local Retail Store, list found here https://www.eir.ie/stores/, or chat to one of our agents here
Why can't I make an international call?
All customers are automatically set up to make international calls. If you want to double check your roaming status, you can chat to an agent here.