Calling international numbers
How can I make an International call?
Pay as You Go customers are automatically set up to make international calls. Make sure to check out and opt into our great value international call rates.
When dialling a country outside of Ireland you will need to use the international dialling code of the country, while dropping the first zero of the number you are dialling.
International call and text rates
To see our international rates, please click here
How do I bar international calls on my account?
To bar international calls from your account simply text "Intl No" to 50046.
You will then be unable to call international destinations from Ireland.
Why can't I make an international call?
First check the following things:
- Pay As You Go customers -have you enough credit to make the call?
- Bill Pay – are your account payments up to date?
- Are you using the international prefix before dialling the number?
If you’re still having problems try these troubleshooting tips:
- Try switching your phone off and on again or put your phone into airplane mode for at least 30 seconds, then switch it back to general. This will perform what's known as a 'location update' - giving a fresh connection to the network.
- Check your coverage- a network outage will always affect more than one person. You'll know there's an outage if other customers are having the same issue in your area.
Put your SIM into another eir Mobile phone - if the issue persists, you may need to replace your SIM card. Call into any store with photo ID to get a replacement SIM with your existing mobile number on it. If your SIM works in another eir Mobile phone it would appear that the problem is with your phone. See our Returns and Repair policy or please refer to the returns and repairs policy of the phone provider you purchased the phone from.
I can’t text international numbers
- Do you have credit to send the text? Bear in mind – offers such as ‘free texts to any network’ don’t include international texts.
- Are you using the correct prefix for the country you’re texting?
- How are you inputting the prefix? You’ll need to input the prefix and drop the first zero of the number you’re texting. If this isn’t working, try inputting the prefix with a + instead of two zeros.