Costs of roaming
View the roaming rates for your destination.
Anyone who signed up to eir Mobile or upgraded on or after the 3rd March 2016 will have Free EU roaming automatically included in their bundle. Find out more about Free EU roaming.
The cost of data roaming
Costs will vary depending on where you are roaming and whether you are a Pay As You Go customer or Bill Pay customer
In the EU:
- Our new plans come with a FREE 1GB roaming data allowance.
- You can buy an Add-On, find out more about Add-Ons here.
- If you don’t have an EU roaming plan of purchase an add-on, you will be charged standard rates.
On our roaming page, you can select the country you are travelling to and we will show you the rates and options so you can choose what’s right for you.
In the USA:
To get the best value on data roaming in the USA we advise you to buy a roaming data Add-On.
For all other destinations outside of the EU and USA you can see the standard rates on the rates page for your chosen destination.
Monitoring data usage
To check how much data you’ve used text balance roam to 50104 or log into my eir.
We will also send you text alerts to help to manage your usage.
Using your phone on a flight or at sea
Some airlines now allow passengers to use their mobiles during flights. If your flight is enabled for this service you will be charged the following rates:
- Making a call costs €2.29 per minute and receiving a call cost €2.19 per minute
- Sending a text costs 39c and receiving a text is free
- Mobile internet costs €10.24 per MB
While we cannot guarantee coverage when you're travelling at sea, customers may be able to pick up some maritime service providers:
- Making a call will cost €2.29 per minute. And receiving a call costs €2.19 per minute
- Sending a text costs 39c and receiving a text is free.
- Mobile data is charged at €10.24 per MB
All pricing is quoted including VAT
When will roaming call details show on my bill?
Roaming call details will show on your next bill but can sometimes take a little longer as you are using a foreign operator’s service while travelling.