Roaming Troubleshooting problems
Do you have credit or have you an outstanding balance?
Are you using the Correct Codes?
Check you're using the international prefix needed for calling home - you’ll need to dial 00353 or +353, while dropping the first zero of number you're calling
Calling Premium Rate Numbers
• In most cases calling a premium rate number won’t work while roaming (this includes calls made to Irish based companies and foreign premium providers).
• If by chance you are able to connect the call, rates will vary while roaming.
Cannot Connect to Data Service
- Have you accepted the terms and conditions that were presented in the advice of charge page
- Are you using a iPhone, you will need to turn the EU data roaming off and switch on roaming data
Have you tried a Power-Cycle?
- Switching your phone off and on again may fix the issue
- If not, you should take the battery out of your phone while it's still switched on
- Where this is not possible (e.g. iPhones) please put your phone into airplane mode for at least 30 seconds, and then switch it back to normal mode.
- This will perform what’s known as a 'location update' and give a fresh connection to the network.
Manually selecting a Network
- When you roam, your phone (unless set otherwise) will automatically search for the strongest network connection it can connect to.
- However, sometimes you may need to manually select a network if you have problems making calls. To do this, simply choose your handset and follow our tutorial.
Are you roaming in the USA
- You'll need to make sure you're using a triband handset(Link out to or have an FAQ describing what a triband handset is). If your phone isn't triband, it won’t be able to pick up coverage unfortunately.
Will I be Notified if I use allot of Data while Roaming?
- Yes, customers will receive data roaming notifications and a spending cap in line with EU data roaming regulation. Spend cap is automatically applied to the account and has a limit of €60 inc. VAT
- You can also track your usage by logging in to your my eir account
How do I Contact Customer care while Abroad?
The numbers to call are:
• Prepay - +353 1 7652752
• Bill Pay - +353 1 4307312