Setting up a stick modem
- Put your SIM into the stick modem.
- Plug the stick modem into your PC/laptop
- The device will automatically install an icon on your desktop – click on this to open the web management page. (You can also manually reach the web management page by opening your browser, typing 192.168.8.1 (192.168.1.1 address if you have one of our older devices) into the address bar and pressing enter.)
- Click connect
Pay As You Go Customers - you have €3 credit pre-loaded on your new SIM. We recommend you buy a 24 hour daily pass with a 500MB allowance. See more information on how to activate a pass.
Setting up a WiFi hotspot
- Put your SIM into your WiFi hotspot and power it on.
- On your WiFi enabled device (i.e. your mobile phone, laptop, computer or tablet) go to your wireless connection settings and select your hotspot from the list of available connections. The name (or SSID) of your hotspot will be written on a sticker on the back. Then input the WiFi security key (this is an 8 digit password) and press ok.
- Next you'll need to enter your PIN. You will need to input this via the ‘web management’ page on your WiFi enabled device. To get to this page, open a web browser, type 192.168.8.1 (or 192.168.1.1 if you are using one of older devices) into the address bar and press enter.
- Enter your PIN. You’ll find this on the back of your SIM pack
If you have trouble connecting check out our problems page.
Should you need to enter your APN settings manually, please find all the details you need below:
Connection name: eir Mobile data
Data bearer: Packet data or GPRS on some handsets
Access Point Name (APN): broadband.myeirmobile.ie
Prompt password: N/A