Topping up your eir Mobile or mobile broadband
How can I top up or check my balance?
There are a number of ways to top up:
You can top up anytime using our online top up service. This allows you to either make a quick top up for you or someone else or save your payment details in your profile for even faster topping up
If you choose to register for a top up account, this will allow you to top up by text, online or even schedule a frequent top up.
You can also:
- Call 1743 – top up by debit, credit or laser card.
- Voucher – buy in store and dial 1741 to top up. You can also freetext the voucher number to 50103 to top up by text. The minimum top up amount available in store is €5.
- From your bank account – top up at an ATM, Online or over the phone.
To check your balance:
- You can check your balance in to my eir
- Type *#100# into your phone and press the call button.
- Text OFFER to 50104 and we will text you back your remaining balance along with details of the offer you are currently on and days remaining before you need to top up again to keep the offer active.
How can I top up when abroad?
When will my Pre-Pay offer activate and can I change offers after I top up?
Your prepay plan will activate only AFTER you have sent the relevant opt-in text message.
To view the eir Mobile prepay opt-in codes, please click here.
Please note: If spend any of your credit before your offer activates, this could potentially reduce your balance below the required amount for your offer.
You can change your offer but this cancels your current offer and you will lose any remaining days on the offer.
How does the IOU service work?
IOU is our great service whereby you can borrow credit and pay it back when you top up again! For more information on our IOU service and the freetext codes, click here.
Will I lose my number if I don't top up?
If a number isn’t topped up after a period of time the number will eventually be recycled.
After 150 days numbers that have not been topped up will be unable to make any outgoing services. The number will still be able to receive information (such as calls and texts) for 30 days.
240 days after your last top up any credit left on your phone will be removed.
13 months after your last top up your number will disconnect. It will not be possible to reconnect your number after this period of time as your number will have been recycled.