Switching or Changing Service Provider
We hope you're happy with your service however if you have decided to leave eir we've put together what you need to know:
- Switch services - means you want to move your voice and/or broadband service(s) to a different service provider
- Cease service - means you don't want these services anymore - you want to end them for good - you are not intending to move to a different service provider
Important note to our customers:
Please follow the instructions below depending on whether you intend to Cease or Switch your service(s) or account. We want to ensure you have a seamless experience therefore please ensure you select the steps that are appropriate for you. For example if you intend to Switch service(s) to an alternative service provider you are a Switcher and if you follow the directions for a customer who intends to Cease services - you may have your service terminated and suffer an undesired break in service. It is your responsibility to give us the correct information. eir cannot take any responsibility for the consequences of customers following the wrong directions.
Switching to another Service Provider
There are a few important things that you need to be aware of if you are switching your services to a new service provider:
- You are obliged under the terms of your contract with eir to provide 30 days' notice of your intention to switch service provider.
- Customers who switch service provider without giving eir 30 days' notice of their intention to switch will not be charged a penalty fee.
- You may currently be in a service contract with eir; if you choose to switch provider while you are still in the minimum period of your contract you will be liable for early cease fees and charges. If you are unsure whether or not you are still in the minimum period of your contract:
- - You will have received a letter from eir informing you of the terms of contract when you last entered into a contract
- - You can call an eir customer service advisor at 1800 504 110.
We want to make sure you do not suffer a break in your service. To avoid this please read below.
You can give your notice to Switch provider by either one of the following methods:
Please send your letter to this address;
Westgate Business Park
Please note this is the only address we can accept Switcher notification letters to.
Please print the word 'Switch' on top of your letter.
For verification purposes and to ensure the best possible customer experience, please include the four below pieces of information;
- Your name and address as they appear on your eir bill,
- Your UAN number (this can be found on your eir Bill),
- Your telephone number including dialling code,
- Which service(s) your wish to Switch.
- Please call 1800 504 110 to speak to a customer service advisor who will process your request on the phone and advise you of when the 30 days' notice period will be complete
- You will also receive written confirmation of your request in the post within 5 working days
- After the customer service advisor has taken your notice and confirmed when your 30 days' notice period will expire he or she may offer to discuss alternative eir products, services or offers with you. You are not obliged to discuss these alternatives and may end the call at any stage even if you do agree to discuss other options
Under eir standard terms & conditions; you are required to give 30 days' written notice of your request to cease your eir service(s). Failure to provide notice of your intention to cease may result in (1) your services not being ceased and you will continue to be billed as normal for your usual services, or (2) your service being ceased while you may be liable for an additional 30 days line rental charge. If you are within the minimum term for your services from eir you may be liable for early cease charges.
Please contact a customer advisor who will advise of any charges which will be applicable on 1800 504 110.
No, from June 15th we will automatically make these changes for you.
Free eir to eir calls and texts and free calls to landlines are not available while roaming and any usage will either be deducted from any available allowance or charged at standard rates.
If your prepay offer is not active at the time of roaming don’t worry you will only pay the standard rates the same as you would at home. However to get the best value while roaming we recommend you keep your offer active at all times by topping up as normal.
When you arrive in your EU destination, we will send you a text with instructions on how to check your available balance while roaming.
We will send you an alert when you have used up your data allowance. Don’t worry once it’s used up, here are the options available to you:
- Buy a data Add-on (you can also use this when you get home) - Buy a day pass
And remember you can always turn on your WiFi if want to save your data allowance for when you get home.