17 October 2019: eir today announced a new TV service designed to bring together the best of live TV and on demand TV services with Apple TV 4K. New and existing customers signing up to eir TV will receive Apple TV 4K as their exclusive set-top box as part of their monthly subscription plan at no additional cost. With Apple TV 4K, customers can access iTunes films and TV shows to buy or rent, Apple TV channels and Apple TV+ through the Apple TV app, as well as access Apple Music and thousands of other apps, including games, fitness and education — all through one device built for the biggest screen in the home. eir will also offer customers the powerful zero sign-on experience from Apple, which simplifies signing in so customers can quickly enjoy live TV and on-demand TV services on the new eir TV app with ease.
Apple TV 4K comes with one year of Apple TV+ included, so customers can watch Apple originals from the world’s greatest storytellers in the Apple TV app starting 1st November.
Carolan Lennon, CEO of eir said, ‘The coming together of eir and Apple TV 4K marks the start of an exciting new chapter of innovation and collaboration as we bring our ground-breaking new eir TV service to the market. With the eir TV app, customers can enjoy quality live TV with 100+ channels including home-grown entertainment from RTÉ and the eir sport pack all on eir’s best ever WiFi with our new eir Fibre box offering speeds of up to 1Gbps. This is truly customer centric entertainment delivered in a ground-breaking way.”
Apple TV 4K delivers the highest quality cinematic experience of stunning 4K HDR visuals and immersive sound with Dolby Atmos. With zero sign-on, Apple TV 4K or Apple TV HD will automatically install the eir TV app and sign them in — no need to enter a username and password.
eir customers can also enjoy Apple’s newest services on Apple TV 4K, including Apple Arcade, the world’s first game subscription service featuring over 100 new and exclusive games, and Apple TV+, a new video subscription service starting November 1st offering original shows, movies and documentaries from the world’s most creative storytellers.
eir TV will be available for new and existing eir customers to enjoy from 17th October. Customers can go in store, online at www.eir.ie or call 1800 500 300 to get connected to eir TV on Apple TV 4K from today. For full details & terms see eir.ie
For further information please contact: PressOffice@eir.ie
- Add eir TV €14.99 for 6 months and €19.99 thereafter (Note: a 12-month re-contract will be required)
- New customers adding eir Broadband and TV - €49.99 for 6 months and €59.99 thereafter on a 12-month contract
- eir TV and eir Fibre Broadband is subject to availability and mandatory direct debit. Minimum of 12MBPS broadband speed required. User experience may vary. Bundle activation fee will apply.
- All customers taking the new eir TV service will be loaned an Apple TV 4K box at no additional monthly cost. Apple TV 4K remains the property of eir. eir TV is a self-installation service, technical installation is available at an extra cost.
- Apple TV 4K comes with 1 year subscription to the much anticipated Apple TV+ content service through at no additional cost. Apple TV+ content is launching November 1st.
- Customers can add another Apple TV 4K box as a multi room subscription from only €9.99 per month.
- Offer ends TBC. For full details & terms see eir.ie